About Me

Interested in: Advertising, Branding, Print, Graphic Design, Moving Image.

The Social Network

Last night I went to see The Social Network.
I'd heard good reviews, however I was a little dubious about watching a film about facebook. However it was brilliant. Typographically clean and modern the film was intelligently directed and cut. My favourite scene was the Henley regatta with creative camera angles and the Alton Towers theme song. The camera blurred out in certain places intensifying the boat race and making it look like they were racing to the end of the world when in fact it was the river carrying on.

It is obvious the soundtrack had been carefully selected and the song choice was fitting with the film and the theme. I felt like their was more to show about the story, however maybe that's what they wanted to ceate, a hunger for wanting to know more?

During the film I felt driven and busy keeping up with the fast paced characters and invloving myself emotionally with this invention and the aftermath of law suits. I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed with myself for not having a multiple billion dollar company yet or even a business idea. It also made me realised that as a young adult I should be looking for gaps in the market for ideas.

The whole dispute over facebook was the argument of who owed the intellectual property rights of the idea. It's based on the true story with glamourised content. It made me realise just how important it is to document your ideas and the details to cover your own back. Word of mouth really isn't good enough these days and it pointed out that now everyone moves on to suing each other.


 In true fitting style the interactive website to promote the film, uses a variety of different semi-complex navigation tools as they cater for the social network users and people who are confident with the internet and the way it works. Where as if my dad was to try to work it, I think he would end up smashing the keyboard into the screen after 5 minutes.

Interesting graphic imagery which has been clearly thought out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2