About Me

Interested in: Advertising, Branding, Print, Graphic Design, Moving Image.

360 degrees...the future?



youtube.com/doritosuk

The video forms part of a music-themed campaign for Doritos from AMV BBDO. The link above takes you to the interactive version on the doritos youtube channel.

Doritos is going full steam ahead to promote their new 'late night' snack range. They have several 360 degree, interactive videos, including rapper Green and Rhianna. The videos have arrows which you guide yourself around with and you can view from any direction apart from straight down. It gives the user the control and engages interest. I've never seen it done before, and I think it's the start of something big.

I have also heard about some of their other interactive websites including Hotel 626 an interactive game. I haven't personally played it but it's exclusively for over 18's and the website only gets aired 6pm-6am in order to create the right atmosphere. To play you have to have a webcam and listen with your ear phones in to gt the full experience. You guide yourself through a dark place and zombies and monsters interactive with you. I think it's definitely more of a boys thing. Embarrassingly I think I would be too much of a wimp to play on it!

This sudden burst from Doritos isn't what I expected from them, but I think they are keeping on top of their promotion and setting a standard for the food industry relating to target audience through interactive media and less focus on the actual snack, but the experience it goes well with.

360 degrees, interactive video, something to look out for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2