About Me

Interested in: Advertising, Branding, Print, Graphic Design, Moving Image.

Starting at Onside Creative - 14th August

I’ve decided to set up a blog in order to showcase my work, ideas and inspiration during my year in industry. Comments, suggestions and advise is welcome, as I strive to improve my work, expand my knowledge and find my spot in the industry.

I have started a six month placement at Onside in Prestbury, Cheshire www.onsidecreative.co.uk. It’a a small Advertising, Marketing and Graphic design agency based in my local village. Mark is the creative director, Dave is the business director, Maria is responsible to find new business and Dave Jr is a part time junior designer. So far the atmosphere has been relaxed yet productive and I’m really pleased how it’s worked out.

I’ve been able to help on some of their outgoing projects which have been really exciting. I designed a few adverts for local busnesses in the Prestbury Living Magazine www.prestburyliving.co.uk. I’ve assisted Dave at meetings and photo shoots which I have throughly enjoyed. I feel that it’s really important to me to get a full understanding of exactly goes on in the design process, and having a placement at a small agency is giving me great insight into the makings of a ‘job’.

I have been active in communicating my ideas to the team, and we often have discussions about the projects. My brew making skills have improved, and I have almost got the knack of how Dave likes his tea!

The team have been really welcoming and I even have my own desk and computer to work on. A few weeks ago, Mark and dave were kind enough to let me have a friend off my course visit and work with me for a week. We worked on an E4 competition, producing a 10 second e-sting. We were lucky enough to be able to use Onside’s camera and lighting. Dave kindly turned the studio upside down to enable us to make a set and create our wacky sting http://www.e4.com/video/rMRZw4GyL6VvGJnhzmCpWz/play.e4

At the moment we have quite a few projects going on, keeping us all busy and creative. I’m looking forward to contribute to them as we go on, as I feel like I’m learning and improving everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2